Monday, June 23, 2008

Quiet House

One of the things about homeschooling is that you never get a quiet house all to yourself (except late at night, which makes getting up hard). I have made a point of getting a little time to myself each week, but it is always out, in a coffee shop or lunch with a friend; maybe four times in the last year I have had a half-day at home by myself. Well, this week is different: all four kids are gone all week. They leave the house by 7:45 and don't come home until 4:30 or 5:00, for work or volunteering at summer camps. I'm not sure how I will react to the long quiet... I'd like to think I will be incredibly productive and get all kinds of projects done; but I'm equally likely to end up wandering around the house, wondering where everyone is.

It will be an interesting week.

No comments: