Sunday, June 22, 2008

Chili-Corn Burgers

Needing to stretch 2 pounds of hamburger to feed two more teenage boys, I came up with an interesting twist on hamburgers tonight. I mixed corn and green chili into the meat, which gave me the seven patties I needed, all of decent size, instead of six. Instead of mustard and ketchup, top with salsa or guacamole.

Chili-Corn Burgers
2 pounds of hamburger
1/2 C. corn kernels
1 small can of diced green chilies
1/2 tablespoon of chili powder, adjusted to taste

Combine and form into patties. Cook as usual, adding salt when the burgers are turned over. For cheeseburgers, use cheddar or pepper jack. Serve on a bun with thin slices of sweet onion (such as Walla Walla or Vidalia). Top with salsa, guacamole, black bean sauce, or your favorite Mexican condiment. Serve with tortilla chips and salsa.

(Actually, my inspiration for this was a jar of spicy pickles I wanted to use up - then I forgot to get them out of the fridge, so they are still there, waiting to be used. Sigh.)

No comments: