Saturday, September 15, 2007

Yogurt Chicken

Inspired by a mention in Curry, A Tale of Cooks and Conquerors by Lizzie Collingham, I made yogurt-marinated chicken tonight, and my kids loved it. I mixed about half a large container of plain yogurt, the juice from one old lime, 2 Tbs of minced ginger, 1 Tbs of pepper ginger sauce, a teaspoon of cumin, and a little salt in a bowl and added 8 bonelss skinless chicken breasts (halves). I let them marinate for about two hours, turning occasionally, then put them on a broiling pan, spooned the rest of the marinade over the top, and broiled it until the meat was cooked and the marinade was browning. It was very tasty with green beans last night, not spicey at all. Today I put some in a burrito with peanut butter (the organic kind, which has been sitting in my refrigerator for months because it is dry and no one likes it in sandwiches), a little more hot sauce, some rice, and a little soy sauce, and that was even better.

No comments: