Saturday, August 18, 2007

Dinner Didn't Work

Well, I tried sauteeing the baby artichokes last night, but it wasn't a success. I guess I was too tired to be operating a heat-producing implement. I overcooked the pasta until it was mushy, then left too much in the pan when I added the vegetables. The artichokes would have been better if I had covered them while they simmered in the lemon butter, so that they were a little more tender. My loving family ate it and said it was good, but the texture was so bad that I couldn't eat more than about three bites. Sigh. I suppose you can't win them all. I think I'll order pizza tonight.

1 comment:

Valli said...

OK, I know it sounds corny, but I find it comforting to hear about the things that don't turn out well...not that I want people to fail..but it just makes me feel a little more grounded. Since none of us are perfect, the mistakes/bloppers etc, just make us all more human, connected and more endearing! Always learning something...