Sunday, August 5, 2007

Cherry Crepes

I hate to admit it, because it's always more fun to keeping adding one more ingredient, but sometimes simple food is best. I am working through a 20# box of Flathead cherries I got in July, and decided to make cherry crepes with almond whipped cream - it was fabulous! To make them for 6 people, you need 12 crepes, 72 pitted cherries and the whipped cream (beat 1 pint whipping cream and 1 tsp almond flavoring until nearly stiff, then slowly add 1/2 to 1 C sugar, depending on how sweet you like it, while beating until stiff). On each crepe, run a soup-spoon's worth of whipped cream down the center, then place a line of 6 cherries on the cream, and roll up the crepe. Place two rolled crepes on a plate and top with another spoonful of whipped cream. Yum!

1 comment:

Valli said...

I did something like this, but instead of whipped cream, spread a little Nutella, hazelnut/chocolate spread, on the inside with the cherries. Gotta have my chocolate fix!